Our bookshelf features the following books for sale:
- Anticancer: a New Way of Life -- "enormously compelling evidence for participating in our own health by supporting our deep natural capacity for healing," written by an MD/PhD
- Around My Mother's Table: Stories & Recipes Celebrating Lives Lost to Breast Cancer -- a loving tribute to mothers from sons & daughters, complete with treasured recipes
- B.O.O.B.S.: A Bunch of Outrageous Breast-Cancer Survivors Tell Their Stories of Courage, Hope & Healing -- the subtitle says it all
- Breast Cancer Husband -- a lovely book, excellent for the partner-caretaker whatever their gender and relationship to the patient
- Cancer Made Me a Shallower Person: A Memoir in Comics -- irreverent, on-target, laugh-out-loud funny
- Crazy, Sexy Cancer Tips -- a really fun book chock full of excellent ideas, written by an actress diagnosed with a very rare vascular cancer at the age of 31
- Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book -- the bible of all things breast cancer, an excellent resource
- Help Me Live: 20 Things People with Cancer Want You to Know -- clear explanations delivered with humor and grace that make it "easier to navigate the nitty-gritty realities of what to say and do if you want to help"
- The Light Within -- an extraordinary story of friendship that "shed the boundaries of the doctor-patient relationship and became less a confrontation with death than a celebration of the joys of life"
- Nordie's at Noon -- the inspiring stories of four women "too young" for breast cancer
- One Bite at a Time: Nourishing Recipes for Cancer Survivors & Their Friends -- one word, yum! + excellent culinary and nutritional information
- Tools & Tips from the Trenches: Breast Cancer -- a practical, well-organized guide to diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship
- Uplift: Secrets from the Sisterhood of Breast Cancer Survivors -- a resource of practical and inspiring tips created by bestselling author Barbara Delinsky
- The Victoria's Secret Catalog Never Stops Coming -- a book of 13 insightful life lessons learned by a 36-year-old breast cancer survivor
- Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy -- a 27-year-old woman confronts her diagnosis and treatment with hope, guts, and humor
Delaney's Place also has a wealth of materials available free-of-charge. There are booklets on different types of cancer, explaining the disease to children, latest treatments, clinical trials, chemobrain, etc. Tenemos informaciones in espanol tambien. In addition, we have brochures that will point you to local resources.
Cancer awareness items:
- car magnets -- we have ribbon magnets for
- childhood cancer
- all cancer awareness
- lung cancer
- ovarian cancer
- breast cancer
- Survivor girl greeting cards
- ceramic travel mugs
- ribbon pins
- luggage tags
- Christmas tree ornaments
Ever heard of Save 2nd Base t-shirts? Cute, no?